Monday, January 6, 2014

Are You On Track For 2014?



We're into the first month of the year, and with so much of 2014 still before us, it's a great time to sit back and reflect on our homeschooling experience.  From the first phonics curriculum you chose, to the high school writing class they will someday take, and everything in between.  How has the last year of homeschooling been?  Are you on track for 2014?  If not, take a minute to rethink your homeschooling goals and how to get there.


What's so amazing to me is that my kids are turning out pretty well, in spite of all the mistakes I've made, and all the things I would have done differently if I could go back and do it all over again.  I'm sure that's not a sentiment unique to homeschoolers, but in terms of our curriculum choices especially, etc. it's never a bad idea to re-evaluate and try to improve.

If you haven't started the nutrition lessons here yet, the new year is a great time to emphasize nutrition and healthy eating.  It's that time of year, after all!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that my boys are doing well...I have made so many mistakes over the years. But, at least we have all learned from them, so I can't regret them too much. :)

    We are on track for 2014, so far. Looking forward to the remaining part of the school year, and adding more lessons about nutrition into our day. This is THE year that we all make lifestyle choices, as far as our food and exercise habits go. Fingers crossed that everything goes as planned. :D

    Katie

    ReplyDelete