Sunday, September 22, 2013

Some Fun Twists To Supplement Your Usual Curriculum


We do the bulk of our schoolwork in the mornings. Afternoons are for extras, all those fun supplemental things that don't fit neatly into a subject category of math or grammar, etc. My oldest takes a French class on Tuesday afternoons, and the other days we do art or music. There's always homeschool gym class, field trips, and oh yes, NUTRITION to learn!

But a couple of things we've done this past week have turned out to be big hits with my family. The first was to learn typing. I've found this also to be a great thing to keep one child busy while I'm teaching something to another. They can sit at the computer and practice with typing games. It's fun for them and even kind of educational - I mean, who doesn't need to know how to type, right?!

We've also been exploring different genres of literature, so I thought a website about literature for homeschoolers was good material to set my 12 year old off to surf a while. Homeschool Literature.com has literature for homeschoolers, written by homeschoolers, or specifically for homeschoolers. Pretty neat stuff, and it helps that kids can relate to all that homeschooling going on. Get 'em reading more!

No comments:

Post a Comment